CARES - ACT (UMKC Student Emergency Fund)
This application will serve as your application for the Federal CARES-ACT Fund and the UMKC Student Emergency Grant Fund. Students who are not eligible for CARES-ACT will be considered for the UMKC Student Emergency Grant.
To be eligible for the CARES Act funding, the following must apply to you:
- Incurred expenses as a result of COVID-19;
- Completed a 2019-2020 FAFSA. If you have not completed a 2019-2020 FAFSA you can still do so at: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa;
- Must have been enrolled at the start of the Spring 2020 term as a degree seeking student in an on-campus/in-person program. Students that were in a distance education or all online courses prior to March 13th are not eligible;
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Requirement (SAP) Requirements;
- Must be eligible for Title IV Federal Student Aid (international and DACA students are not eligible).
You will be required to explain the expenses you have incurred and the amount of each expense in your application. If you are awarded funding, it will come to you in the form of a grant that will be directly refunded to you. If you currently have a balance due on your student account, the emergency grant will not be applied toward your balance.