Marion H. Bloch Scholars
The Marion H. Bloch Scholars/Next Generation Merit program supports underserved, higher performing students living in urban environments in greater Kansas City. Admitted students must meet the following qualifications to be considered for this program:
- Eligible students must be an incoming first-time freshman or transfer for Fall 2020
- An ACT score of 29
- A core GPA of 3.6 or above or Transfer GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated leadership and/or community engagement activities
- Resident from one of the five-county greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area Counties (Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte)
- Enrolled Full-Time
- US Citizen or permanent resident
Students with slightly lower ACT scores who are Pell or near Pell eligible will be considered for this scholarship. This scholarship will cover tuition and fees each year for up to five years.
- Tuition and Fees
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a one-page essay on the following subject: Why I Should Receive the Marion H. Bloch Scholars Scholarship? Please include information about your accomplishments and life experiences.
- Describe a life changing barrier or challenge you have experienced and how you overcame this circumstance?
- Reference #1: Please provide the name and email address of a person (not a relative) who can serve as a reference for you within either academics or extracurricular activities (examples: teacher, counselor, coach, mentor, spiritual leader, administrator).