Henry W. Bloch Scholars
The Henry W. Bloch Scholars/Promise and Opportunity program supports underserved, promising students living in urban environments in greater Kansas City. Students must meet the following qualifications to be considered for this program:
- Incoming first time college students and transfer students for Spring 2024, Summer 2024, or Fall 2024. Regardless of incoming term, funding will start during the Fall 2024 term.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Plan to earn a four-year degree
- Be exempt from traditional scholarship programs due to past academic performance and/or life circumstances
- Resident from one of the five-county greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area Counties (Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte)
- Enrolled Full-Time
- US Citizen or permanent resident
This scholarship will be available to all admitted first-time or transfer students and covers tuition and fees each year for up to five years for first-time college students and up to 3 years for transfer students.
- Tuition and Fees
- Supplemental Questions
- My starting semester at UMKC:
- Please write at least two paragraphs letting us know how will becoming a Bloch Scholar will impact your educational and career goals. Within the essay, you may identify your strengths, accomplishments, educational goals, and/or your struggles or life-changing barriers you have experienced.
- Please provide a list of any other scholarship(s) that you are applying for seperately from this applicaiton. (Example: Foundation Scholarship - $2,500)