Marion H. Bloch Scholars
This award will be awarded for a Fall 2023 cohort. The Marion H. Bloch Scholars/Next Generation Merit program supports underserved, higher performing students living in urban environments in greater Kansas City. Admitted students must meet the following qualifications to be considered for this program:
- Incoming first time college students and transfer students for Spring 2023, Summer 2023, or Fall 2023. Regardless of incoming term, funding will start during the Fall 2023 term.
- Meet one of the following academic qualifications:
-Have an ACT score of 25 or above and a core GPA of 3.6 or above (your core GPA is based on the average, unweighted GPA of your core math, science, English, social studies, and foreign language classes) or;
-Have a 3.75 Core GPA or above (your core GPA is based on the average, unweighted GPA of your core math, science, English, social studies, and foreign language classes) or;
-Have a transfer GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated leadership and/or community engagement activities
- Resident from one of the five-county greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area Counties (Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte)
- Enrolled Full-Time
- US Citizen or permanent resident
This scholarship will cover tuition and fees each year for up to five years.
- Tuition and Fees
- Supplemental Questions
- My starting semester at UMKC:
- Tell us more about yourself and why you should receive the Bloch Scholars award.
- Describe a life changing barrier or challenge you have experienced and how you overcame this circumstance?